Most Frequently Asked Questions
Many people now realize that investing in precious metals is an excellent way to plan for retirement and there are many added tax advantages if they are placed in a Precious Metals Individual Retirement Account. To assist you we have put together a list of the most frequently asked questions from existing and potential customers about investing in a Gold IRA.
Q: “When Can I Initiate A 401K Rollover?”
A: You can initiate a 401K Rollover in three situations.
- When you reach 59½ years old.
- When you retire.
- After you have left your employment where you have a 401K.
After leaving an employer most people prefer to have control of their investments by taking their old 401K and rolling it over to a Gold IRA. It can be initiated as soon as you leave the employer or at any time after. This must be a direct transfer from custodian to custodian so the distribution check must be made out to the new custodian or trustee for your IRA account. If you wish to rollover a 401K first fill out the “free gold investment kit request” on the right of this page or take a look at the 401K Rollover Guide.
Q: “When Can I Rollover An Existing IRA To A Gold IRA?”
A: An IRA rollover can be arranged at any time. You can collect the distribution of your current individual retirement plan and then deposit the funds into a precious metals IRA account. It is very important to place those funds in your new account within 60 days otherwise taxes and penalties would apply. The process is usually very simple and provided you deposit your funds into your new account within the 60 day time limit you will maintain the tax deferred condition of your retirement investment. For further information on Rollovers Call 1-855-682-1046 and speak with an account executive.
Q: “Can I Transfer Part Of An Existing IRA?”
A: Yes, transferring part of the funds from an existing individual retirement account into a Gold IRA account can be done easily at anytime. This must be a direct transfer from custodian to custodian so the distribution check or wire must be made out to the new custodian or trustee for your new IRA account. We have arranged hundreds of this type of transfer for our customers. If you would like to arrange for a transfer please speak with an account executive by calling 1-855-682-1046 Monday to Friday 7:00am to 6:00pm PST.
Q: “Which Bars Can You Place In A Gold IRA?”
- Pamp Suisse and Johnson Matthey gold bullion bars .9999
- Pamp Suisse and Credit Suisse palladium bullion bars .9995
- Bars with at least the minimum fineness produced by accredited manufacturers.
- The minimum purities are gold .995+, silver .999+, platinum and palladium .9995+
Q: “Which Coins Can You Place In A Gold IRA?”
- American Buffalo Gold Uncirculated coins (No Proofs).
- American Eagles gold, silver and platinum coins including proofs.
- Australian Kangaroo gold coins.
- Australian Koala platinum coins.
- Australian Kookaburra silver coins.
- Austrian Philharmonic gold and silver coins.
- Canadian Maple Leaf in all 4 precious metals.
- Isle Of Man Noble platinum coins.
- Mexican Libertad silver coins.
*Coins that have undergone “certification” cannot be included in IRAs.
These are also known as slabbed coins.